This advertisement has expired but is a career example
NSW Ambulance – Critical Care Paramedic Job
Location: Bankstown, Lismore, Newcastle, Orange, Tamworth, Wollongong
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Award/Classification: Operational Ambulance Officers (State) Award – Critical Care Paramedic (Aeromedical)
About This Role
NSW Ambulance is looking for a helicopter critical care paramedic that will undertake the full duties of Ambulance Officer as defined in the Operational Ambulance Officers (State) Award.
Aeromedical operational environments are complex and require a high level of skill, knowledge, flexibility and co-ordination to deliver the service safely and effectively. Critical Care Paramedics (Helicopter)are part of a multidisciplinary team working collaboratively to deliver advanced patient access, critical care and extrication within an integrated safety and risk management system.
The successful applicant may be required to perform on-call duties and when on-call satisfy on call standards in accordance with the NSW Ambulance Rural On-call Policy.
Applicants Must Hold
- Hold as a minimum a Certificate to Practice as an Intensive Care Paramedic (ICP) and completed a minimum of two (2) years ICP skills consolidation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical care and operational procedures and practice and an understanding of the context that aeromedical plays in the wider health care system.
- Demonstrated high level verbal and written communication skills, as well as an understanding of contemporary computer systems and systems specific to the aeromedical work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in operating effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary patient safety and clinical quality processes, risk management practices and willingness to participate in clinical and operational practice improvement activities such as clinical and operational audits, reviews and research.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to a rapidly changing technical, clinical and operational workplace.
- Evidence of further relevant studies and/or related experience.
*This advertisement is intended for current NSW Ambulance employees only. Casual NSW Ambulance employees are not eligible to apply. If you are interested in applying for a Paramedic or Control Centre role with NSW Ambulance, please visit our website for further details; https://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/Employment.html
About NSW Ambulance
NSW Ambulance is one of the largest ambulance services in the world, and a vital and dynamic part of the New South Wales health system.
They are committed to providing high quality clinical care and health related transport services to over 7.5 million people in NSW, distributed across an area of 801,600 square kilometres.
They operate with the vision to provide “excellence in care.”