At Evolution the best discoveries are found everyday through the innovation displayed by people,great teams,100% focus on getting people home safely and commitment to building an exceptional company.
Cracow Mine site is located 50 kms south of Theodore in Central Queensland. You will be working a 5:2, 4:3 roster / and at times an 8:5 roster to cover Emergency weekend training. Fly in/ fly out of Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast or alternatively a Drive in/ Drive Out arrangement can be considered depending on your location.
The purpose of the Emergency Management Advisor is to establish and maintain an efficient and effective medical and emergency response platform for Cracow Gold Mine.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate site emergency response activities at all organizational levels and to all relevant risks to ensure excellent outcomes in preparedness and response.
- Maintain and contribute to effective site medic capability and coverage.
- Develop, write and implement site emergency and related procedures. Maintain emergency response plans, manuals, and protocols.
- Schedule and deliver evacuation and emergency response scenarios.
- Deliver routine rescue and response capability to operations.
- Deliver training and training schedules to develop and maintain site’s emergency preparedness. Manage development of capacity of medics, emergency response crews and management.
- Drive the emergency response personnel recruitment process and maintain a high level of professionalism and competence within the rescue crews. Maintain crew numbers.
- Ensure required records for emergency management people, equipment and systems (including medical treatment and incident records) are maintained and quality of records meets and uses site standards.
- Deliver risk analysis, review, and evaluation and audit processes, as required, to ensure continuous improvement of the site’s emergency preparedness.
- Deliver on all emergency response related maintenance, purchases and expenditure and contribute to the ERT budget process.
- Ensure there is sufficient working equipment and consumables in good working order to provide medic and emergency response activities.
- Act as Cracow’s technical reference point for the broader business and externally on emergency management issues.
- Actively support the development and maintenance of the site Safety and Health Management System components, as they apply to emergency management.
Are you the one?
- Relevant qualifications in Mine Rescue, Public Safety (Fire), Health Care, Training and Assessment and / or OHS.
- Experience as a public emergency responder
- Sound practical experience in emergency response capacity in a process plant and underground hard rock environment
- Experience delivering training in emergency response or related capacity.
- A good understanding of the Queensland Mining legislation and how to apply it to safety training and risk management.