Blackham Resources Ltd: ESO mining job
This advertisement has expired but is a career example
Blackham Resources, an ASX listed Australian gold producer (ASX: BLK), owns and operates the Matilda/Wiluna Gold Operation located close to the town of Wiluna, approximately 1,000km northeast of Perth.
They are currently looking to recruit an Emergency Services Officer (ESO) to join their team.
This ESO Mining Job FIFO Perth is:
- Offered in a permanent full time basis
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 9/5 FIFO roster from Perth
More about ESO Mining Job FIFO Perth
The key responsibilities for this Emergency Services Officer role are:
- Working closely with the ERT team to prevent and control loss due to emergency situations such as fire, hazardous chemicals and vehicle and or heavy equipment accident response.
- Providing immediate first aid and treatment of injuries and illness of the site personnel 24 hours per day.
- Referring patients to the appropriate medical support facilities and liaising with these facilities for ongoing treatment and care.
- Providing support in setting up emergency response systems to meet the certification requirements for AS/NZS 4801.
- Conducting inspections and audits of emergency response equipment and processes and prepare reports and close out corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the management and workforce to ensure safety awareness and controls are foremost in their minds.
- Conducting audits and inspections with recommendations for improvement.
- Being actively involved with procedure development and incident investigations.
- Assisting with environmental and personnel hygiene monitoring programmes on surface and in underground mines.
- ESO mining job FIFO Perth
Location: Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
Work Type: Full Time
Mining, Resources & Energy – Health, Safety & Environment
Selection Criteria and Experience Required:
- HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care
- Extensive safety and medic experience gained within the mining sector
- Cert IV OHS
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Cert III Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Experience as an ERT Member or proven experience coordinating ERT activities
- Sound knowledge of loss control processes and mine rescue techniques
- Demonstrated experience in safety management systems and processes
The employer: Blackham Resources Ltd
The Matilda / Wiluna Gold Operation is located close to the town of Wiluna, approximately 1,000km northeast of Perth. The Operation comprises over 1,000 square kilometres of tenements containing total JORC 2012 resources of 61Mt @ 3.1 g/t for 6.2Moz of gold. These tenements cover around 55 kilometres of strike along the Wiluna Mine Sequence and 10 kilometres of strike along the Coles Find Shear. The Wiluna Mine & Coles Find Shear have historically produced 4 million ounces of gold.
All the deposits are within 26 kilometres by existing haul roads of Blackham’s recently acquired Gold Plant. Exploration prospects at Lake Way, Carroll, Prior, Orion, Clairault, Mentelle, Monarch, Red Lady, Zenith, Island and Albion provide the company with excellent potential for future resource growth.