This advertisement has expired but is a career example
Event Paramedics needed in Adelaide
St. John Ambulance is currently seeking Event Paramedics to work in Adelaide as event paramedics.
The event paramedics will provide rapid front line clinical care, treatment and health related support for sick and injured persons in emergency and non-emergency settings as part of a multidisciplinary Events Team.
The chosen candidates will accurately assess, advise and document patient health and treatment needs and determine and implement appropriate treatment in accordance with their respective clinical qualification, scope of practice and within the St John SA Clinical Credentialing Guidelines.
These are casual positions. Hours of work will vary and will require you to work weekends and after hours when the need arises.
Flexibility is a requirement of the event medic position to meet the demands of the job.
It is a requirement you undertake and hold a National Police Certificate which is acceptable to St John prior to commencing employment with St John.
Event Paramedic Jobs Adelaide
The successful candidate will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Provide advanced, pre hospital emergency and non-emergency care to the community during St John SA involved events.
- Work as part of a response to emergency and non-emergency incidents during St John SA involved events, making significant clinical decisions in varied and complex environments to provide clinical treatment and life-saving stabilisation to injured persons.
- Conduct thorough patient assessments and obtain all information necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions consistent with the nature of the situation to manage patients, carers and relatives in distress.
- Provide treatment for conventional and unconventional injuries and illnesses in a variety of situations and environments depending on the location of an event.
- Administer medication and treatment according to relevant legislation, regulations and scope of practice to support the provision of the most effective care and treatment to a patient in an ethical and professional manner.
- Deliver practical clinical decisions in the best interests of the patient within a framework of evidence based reasonable and professional judgements.
- Provide appropriate support to patients and their families who may be experiencing loss and grief Provide quality record keeping for current patient care.
- Coordinate and liaise with SA Ambulance for transfers of patient/s and emergency paramedic support as required.
- Work within the St John SA Clinical Practice Guidelines
Work Type: Casual
Essential Selection Criteria and Experience Required:
- Must hold qualifications (and meet the requirements) to use the title ‘Paramedic’ under the Health Practitioner Regulation National law (South Australia) (Protection of Title-Paramedics) Amendment Act 2013 and Health Practitioner Regulation National law (South Australia) Variation Regulation 2014.
- Successfully completed an internship with a recognised ambulance service
- Minimum 12 months operational experience practicing as a Paramedic
Ready to apply for Event Paramedic Jobs Adelaide?