This advertisement has expired but is a career example
NSW Ambulance – Flight Paramedic Specialist
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Classification: Paramedic Specialist (Intensive Care)
Note: this is a sample of a position advertised on one of the big online jobs websites in Australia. We showcase these jobs to educate our readers as to the opportunities for employment when the relevant qualifications and experience has been achieved.
About This Role
NSW Ambulance is looking for a paramedic specialist for their Careflight Helicopter that will work collaboratively to deliver advanced patient access, critical care and extrication within an integrated safety and risk management system.
The successful candidate is required to undertake the full duties of Ambulance Officer as defined in the Operational Ambulance Officers (State) Award.
Applicants Must Hold
- Clinically qualified and currently certified to Paramedic Specialist – Intensive Care Paramedic and have completed at least one Paramedic Specialist ICP recertification.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical procedures having successfully completed the most recent phase of instruction/in-service/or certification training as required by the Service and not currently undertaking or recommended for a Clinical Assistance Program.
- Will be required to satisfy initial helicopter fitness qualification in order to perform a role on the HIRT Helicopter.
- Evidence of further relevant clinical studies and/or experience.
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective scene management and liaison skills.
- Working With Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian
Applicants with the following are HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Fire Fighting qualifications
About NSW Ambulance
NSW Ambulance is one of the largest ambulance services in the world, and a vital and dynamic part of the New South Wales health system.
They are committed to providing high quality clinical care and health related transport services to over 7.5 million people in NSW, distributed across an area of 801,600 square kilometres.
They operate with the vision to provide “excellence in care.“