HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions
Outcomes of studying the HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions:
- Prepare and check vehicle and equipment
- Ensure faults in vehicle and equipment are remedied
- Convey and receive information relating to emergency transport
- Load, unload and secure vehicle occupants for transportation
- Transport patient under routine driving conditions
The unit HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions describes the skills and knowledge required for non-emergency transport.
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to load, unload and drive vehicles safely to transport vehicle occupants to and from a facility or service in non-emergency conditions. It includes using communication equipment and checking vehicles and equipment in order to restock and remedy faults.
This unit applies to pre-hospital and out-of-hospital health care workers.
Elements and Performance Criteria for this Paramedical Unit:
Performance Evidence for HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions:
Assessment Requirements for HLTOUT007
Evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit in the context of the job role.
There must be evidence that the candidate has checked the safety of transport vehicle and safely transported three different non-emergency patients under operational conditions including:
- loading and unloading
- performing driving skills suited to the case being attended
- assessing and analysing available driving routes using navigation aids and available resources
- efficiently and safely driving patient transfer vehicles under different operational conditions for transport of non-emergency patients
- adhering to applicable road traffic Acts and regulations
A non-emergency patient is defined as an individual that requires transport and may not require active treatment by a clinician while en-route to a receiving facility.
Knowledge Evidence for HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions:
Demonstrated knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit:
- methods of loading and unloading non-emergency patients
- organisational policies and procedures for:
- vehicles used for transportation of non-emergency patients
- equipment in vehicle
- vehicle checks
- cleanliness of vehicle
- reporting of faulty vehicle
- risk assessment of faults
- relevant Acts and Regulations
- organisational policies procedures related to transport of non-emergency patients including:
- manual handling and lifting
- care and restraint of patient and others during transportation
- non-emergency patient care procedures during transportation
- State/Territory road rules and regulations when driving patient transfer vehicles
- use of communications equipment and systems for transporting non-emergency patients
- stock inventory and the safe storage and disposal of pharmacological products
- protocols for safe transport of vehicle occupants:
- clinical staff
- relatives or carers
- assistance animals.
Assessment Conditions for HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions:
Skills must be demonstrated in an operational vehicle used for the transport of non-emergency patients. This should be in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions.
Where simulation is used, it must reflect real working conditions by modelling industry operating conditions and contingencies, as well as using suitable facilities, equipment and resources.
Driving skills must have been demonstrated at least once using simulation prior to any demonstration in the workplace.
Assessment must ensure access to facilities, resources and equipment as per local governing body including:
- transport vehicle
- communication protocols, devices and equipment used in emergency vehicles
- modelling of industry operating conditions including access to real people when using simulations and scenarios to demonstrate transporting non-emergency patients.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
To see more details on this paramedical unit HLTOUT007 – Transport Non-Emergency Patients Under Operational Conditions click here to view the full details here on training.gov
Want to build an amazing career in pre-hospital emergency health care?
Let’s make it happen together!
Reach out to us on 1300 377 741 or tell us a little about yourself by completing a career pathway plan!
Choose from these qualifications:
HLT31120 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport
HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care
HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care