Well-established occupational health business, Jobfit Health Group, is seeking experienced Industrial Paramedics for casual positions onsite at Nyrstar Port Pirie, SA
Jobfit Health Group delivers a broad range of occupational healthcare services to thousands of businesses nationally, including pre-employment medical assessments, work fitness assessments, injury management and prevention, drug and alcohol screening, onsite medical services, health surveillance and health and wellness programmed.
The client Nyrstar is a leading global multi-metals company processing a wide range of local and international sourced feed-stocks, to produce refined lead, zinc, copper, silver, gold and sulphuric acid with 850 plus onsite workers and contractors.They are seeking casual Industrial Paramedics to provide emergency response to site, first aid treatment, occupational health and health promotion as part of a 24/7 roster to ensure coverage for the site.
This is not a FIFO position; applications will only be considered from DIDO applicants (preference regionally based).
- Respond to all onsite medical emergencies, both work related and non-work related, which may include trauma, cardiac, psychological disorders
- Coordinate transport from emergency scenes
- Drug and alcohol screenings and blood testing for lead levels
- Administer medication, immunisations and flu vaccinations
- Assess, treat, report and manage work and non-work related injuries and illnesses
- Use of medication administration devices (infusion pumps)
- Document and notify site management of all onsite injuries or incidents
- Toolbox talks and education sessions on health and hygiene protocols
- Develop professional relationships with onsite clinical team, management and workers, other medical services providers including but not limited to counsellors, hospitals and regional ambulance teams
- Maintain all required certification standards including that of annual ALS reaccreditation
- Follow Nyrstar and Jobfit protocols and processes, and maintain accurate medical records in accordance to the Privacy Act and WorkCover SA
- University degree in Paramedicine/Paramedical Science with minimum of 3 years ambulance, industrial or mine site experience OR Diploma Applied Science (Ambulance Studies) TAFE SA OR other equivalent recognised qualifications such as PHTLS with minimum of 3 years’ operational hands-on experience
- Current Drivers Licence
- Competence in all aspects of onsite Emergency Response including Breathing Apparatus, Fire Suppression, Hazmat, Rope Rescue, Vehicle Extrication, Confined Space Rescue, Road Crash Rescue (or willing to acquire)
- Drug and Alcohol Testing and Blood Testing accreditation desirable (or willing to acquire – mandatory)
- Experience working onsite in construction, mining or heavy industry would be well regarded
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Highly effective communication and inter-personal skills
To Apply Please click the ‘apply now’ to submit your application