The Army are looking to recruit paramedics with a minimum of a Diploma of Emergency Health Care or equivalent qualification. If this is you be sure to send over a resume and check out the benefits of this job.
In the Army Reserve you’ll be trained to expand your paramedic capabilities far beyond your civilian work. Your skills and resourcefulness will be tested as you provide:
• pre-hospital emergency care
• evacuation coordination, and
• primary health care when necessary.
This could happen anywhere from an Army exercise interstate to operations overseas, so you’ll acquire plenty of knowledge to take back to your day job.
Can you think of a more worthwhile way spend a number of weekends away or breaks from work?
If you believe you have the commitment and qualities to become a Paramedic in the Army Reserve, apply now.
• Initial 35-day military training course
• 3 day Combat Paramedic training at your local Army unit
• Serve between 20 and 100 days each year (at least 50 days preferred)
• Fit service around your existing work and family commitments
The Army provides special resources to help you approach your employer about your ambition to serve as a Reservist.
• Training in Wagga Wagga. NSW
• Then postings to Army Reserve units based in Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart.
• Fully-paid training
• Once trained, starting package $178.24 per day tax free (salaries correct as of 01/08/2019)
• Pay increases with rank and experience
• At least 17 years of age
• Australian Citizen
• Minimum of a Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance) or equivalent qualification
Medical and fitness guidelines also apply.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, the Army Reserve could be for you. You’ll enjoy the satisfaction of giving something back to Australia, while benefitting from:
• tax-free daily pay
• free healthcare and accommodation when serving
• a flexible commitment
• rewarding work that builds on your day job
• comprehensive training
• a supportive team environment
• friendships that last a lifetime
All that plus exciting opportunities supporting Army domestic activities, including exercises and operations, with potential deployments overseas in support of Australian and coalition personnel.
Want to build an amazing career into pre-hospital emergency health care?
Let’s make it happen together!
Reach out to us on (1300 377 741) or tell us a little about yourself by completing a career pathway plan!
To see more Paramedical Student Reviews & Interviews visit our Student Speak Portal.