Regional Training Lead Pre-Hospital Care (QLD – Gold Coast)
Full Time (with flexible options available)
Located in Burleigh
Leadership of a team of local trainers
Opportunities for growth
Australian Paramedical College is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education in pre-hospital care. We are proud to deliver in-demand industry skills to grow and support Australia’s healthcare network.
We go above and beyond to ensure the quality of our graduating students, who become leaders in their industry, working as private sector medics, patient transport officers or continuing further University study to become state paramedics.
We have nationwide reach across both students and industry employer partners, and our expansive and high-quality training facilities, student support and training teams are unmatched in the sector.
We strive to innovate and use evidence-based data to ensure we deliver industry-leading training and outstanding support to our students.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Regional Training Lead to join our growing team based in our Burleigh Heads training facility.
The role encompasses leading a team of local trainers to deliver high-quality simulation and education to our students. Our ideal candidate will be involved in training and developing team capabilities and working closely with the Training Manager to identify and progress opportunities, such as attracting new students or introducing new course offerings within Queensland.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding lead educational facilitator to support and deliver a high-quality learning experience for our students across the three primary qualifications Australian Paramedical College offers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and support a small group of trainers to facilitate the delivery of practical and theory-based lectures via online and face-to-face intensive clinical workshops
- Lead and support the marking of theory-based online assessments and provide support to the QLD training team, ensuring timely feedback to students
- Deliver face to face simulation and training
- Deliver online learning and proactive student support through virtual trainer chats, online student discussion groups, and 1-on-1 student conversations
- Contribute to improvements in learning materials and educational activities
- Mentor, grow and develop the QLD training team
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Industry qualifications: Bachelor of Paramedicine or HLT51015 Diploma of Paramedical Science.
- Teaching qualifications: TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE 50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (or willingness to obtain, subsidised by APC)
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience within an educational environment and a proven ability to motivate, coach, mentor and develop teams and individuals
- Current workplace experience in a pre-hospital emergency health care setting and ability to maintain clinical pre-hospital care competencies
- Extensive training and education experience, preferably in the Vocational Education and Training sector
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and coordinate with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external)
- Highly skilled with technology and education and training software
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing student and business requirements
- Attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Honesty, integrity, and a positive approach
- Willingness to occasionally travel interstate (as required)
- Current driver’s licence
What we offer
Along with a generous salary offering, you will be joining a team of industry professionals who take a student-centric approach in shaping an industry with an innovative market leader.
You will enjoy:
- Autonomy to lead the QLD training team and build APC’s educational offerings
- Generous professional development opportunities and allowances
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home and within our designated training facility
- A diverse, friendly, and flexible working environment
- Genuine appreciation of work/life balance
- Open and effective stakeholder collaboration
- A focus on quality work and commitment to continuous improvement raising the bar in education for pre-hospital care
- Quarterly staff celebrations and awards, annual events, Christmas Parties and more!
Apply today if you believe you meet the criteria and are ready to join our fantastic team!
Australian Paramedical College is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all applications. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment.
Australian Paramedical College (Industry Pathways Pty Ltd, RTO 32513)