Trainer and Assessor – NSW Region
Hybrid role – work from home and regional training facility (Wetherill Park)
Australian Paramedical College is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education in pre-hospital care. We are proud to deliver in-demand industry skills to grow and support Australia’s healthcare network.
We go above and beyond to ensure the quality of our graduating students, who become leaders in their industry, working as private sector medics, patient transport officers or continuing further University study to become state paramedics.
We have nationwide reach across both students and industry employer partners, and our expansive and high-quality training facilities, student support and training teams are unmatched in the sector.
We strive to innovate and use evidence-based data to ensure we deliver industry-leading training and outstanding support to our students.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Trainer and Assessor to join our growing NSW team! The role is a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding educational facilitator to deliver a high-quality learning experience for our students across the three primary qualifications Australian Paramedical College offers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the delivery of practical and theory-based lectures via face-to-face intensive clinical workshops
- Mark theory-based online assessment and provide timely feedback to students
- Deliver online learning and proactive student support through virtual trainer chats, online student discussion groups, and 1-on-1 student conversations
- Engage and actively participate in our systematic student assessment activities, providing feedback and advice to identify areas for improvement
- Identify and contribute to reasonable adjustments for online training and assessment as required to support student training and assessment outcomes
- Identify and contribute to required improvements in written learning materials
- Attend and participate in regular APC professional development activities as required
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Industry qualifications: Bachelor of Paramedicine or HLT51015 Diploma of Paramedical Science.
- Teaching qualifications: TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE 50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training (Or willingness to obtain – subsidised)
- Current workplace experience in a pre-hospital emergency health care setting and maintain clinical pre-hospital care competencies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and coordinate with stakeholders at all levels (internal and external)
- Training and education experience preferably in the Vocational Education and Training sector with a proven ability to support, guide and mentor students
- Highly skilled with technology and education and training software
- Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing student and business requirements
- Attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Honesty, integrity, and a positive approach
- Willingness to occasionally travel interstate (as required)
- Current driver’s licence
What we offer
Along with a generous salary offering, you will be joining a team of industry professionals who take a student-centric approach in shaping an industry with an innovative market leader.
You will enjoy:
- A hybrid role offering work from home and within our designated training facility
- A diverse, friendly, and flexible working environment
- Genuine appreciation of work/life balance
- Open and effective stakeholder collaboration
- A focus on quality work and commitment to continuous improvement raising the bar in education for pre-hospital care
- Quarterly staff celebrations and awards, annual events, Christmas Parties and more!
Apply today if you believe that you meet the criteria and are ready to join our fantastic team!
Australian Paramedical College is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage all applications. We are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive work environment.
Australian Paramedical College (Industry Pathways Pty Ltd, RTO 32513)