This advertisement has expired but is a career example
Duty Operations Manager needed in Mudgee, NSW
NSW Ambulance is currently seeking Duty Operations Manager in Mudgee.
The Duty Operations Manager supervises Station Officers and Paramedics on a daily basis to ensure the delivery of high quality, cost effective emergency health transport, clinical and operational practice, rescue and patient transport services.
The successful applicant will provide support and leadership to Station Officers and Paramedics during operational shifts.
The position manages the day to day resourcing requirements of the station which includes Volunteers and Community First Responders ensuring that staff promptly and effectively handles competing demands for patient care services to provide on-time, patient transport and pre-hospital patient care services to the community.
How to become a Paramedic in NSW.
Read these two articles to get started.
Become a Paramedic in NSW Part 1
Become a Paramedic in NSW Part 2
The Duty Operations Manager provides clinical and operational leadership for the station on a shift by shift basis under the guidance of the Zone Manager.
Duty Operations Manager Job Mudgee NSW Ambulance
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake relief duties at other centres should the need arise.
- The successful applicant will be required to perform on-call duties and live within commutable distance of the station to satisfy on call standards in accordance with the NSW Ambulance Rural On-Call Policy.
- The successful applicant will be required to maintain a Certificate to Practice.
- The successful applicant will be required to carry out general ambulance duties.
- The successful applicant will be required to participate in the Performance Development Program (PDP).
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of sick leave, review of service check register, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearances from the Professional Standards Unit, Ambulance Education Centre and Infection Control.
- An eligibility list may be created for future vacancies.
- Unfortunately, no Ambulance accommodation is provided.
- No entitlement to Transferred Employees Benefits (TEB).
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Essential Selection Criteria and Experience Required:
- Must hold the Certificate to Practice relevant to the position and demonstrated expertise in, and enthusiasm for, the maintenance of the highest quality clinical care delivery and associated governance.
- Evidence of training and/or demonstrated practical experience in the supervision of emergency management/scene management either through actual events or active participation in programmed special events.
- A demonstrated ability to personally deliver high quality clinical care and demonstrated ability to perform a clinical mentoring role for less experienced Paramedics.
- Sound knowledge of Ambulance operations and infrastructure and ability to interpret and apply Ambulance industrial awards and agreements and human resources policies and practices.
- Well developed problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including consultation, presentation, facilitation skills and negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, and report against key performance indicators, oversight the conduct of audits and supervise support functions such as stores, rosters, vehicle usage and monitor clinical compliance with Ambulance protocols and Patient Health Care records.
- Demonstrated people management skills, including providing staff support, staff development, performance management and the early identification of unacceptable workplace behaviours and taking appropriate action such as investigation, resolution and monitoring of harassment and bullying, grievance issues and conflict resolution.
Ready to apply for Duty Operations Manager Job Mudgee NSW Ambulance?