This advertisement has expired but is a career example
Patient Transport Driver Jobs Gold Coast QLD
Sample job for someone who has attained an HLT31115 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport.
This is a perfect job for people who really enjoy helping others whilst giving assistance to those people who have some medical ailment preventing them from making their own way to a medical facility.
Careers in health care can be diverse and personally rewarding on so many levels. Find out how to develop your career pathway by getting you personal pathway profile created. Take the guesswork out of mapping out your career – get your career pathway profile here.
Gold Coast Cabs is a leading provider of passenger transport services in Queensland and looking for a Full Time and Part Time Transport Driver to deliver patients to and from hospital.
Key Responsibilities of the Position
- Deliver the safe escort of passengers to and from the Hospital.
- Meet and greet Patients on pick up/drop off.
- Ensure the vehicle is well presented at all times.
- Effectively communicate with patients, employees, and vendors to ensure all guests receive prompt, courteous service.
- Support and comply with all department policies regarding Workplace Health and Safety, emergency procedures, radio protocol, and accident procedures.
- Report to work in proper uniform and grooming standards.
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations.
- Go the extra mile/follow through to ensure patient satisfaction.
- Ability to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner.
- Keep your vehicle to a high standard of presentation.
- Uphold company standards, policies and procedures at all times and project a positive image within the community and working environment.
- Support and comply with all company Workplace Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Work with company and other drivers to ensure proper coverage and communicate current patient flow with one another.
- Other duties as directed.
Who are you?
Minimum 1 years experience as a Transport Driver is required.
- You are self-assured.
- You listen intently.
- You are driven.
- You’re perceptive, you ask questions and you strive to understand.
- You enjoy collaboration and being part of a team.
- You’re comfortable managing your time and can be counted on to successfully reach goals.
- You have a can-do approach.
- You think on your feet.
- You’re unruffled with ambiguity and you roll with the punches when things change.
- You are people-focused.
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications, Education and Experience Essential for patient transport driver jobs gold coast:
- Current Driver’s License.
- Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport (desirable)
- Drivers Authority or ability to gain one.
- Willingness to undertake First Aid Training.
- Previous experience as a Transport Driver.
- Previous experience in the Health Industry is highly desirable (Nurse, Paramedic, Aged Care).
- Be physically fit and agile.
- Self driven with a positive attitude.