This advertisement has expired but is a career example
Patient Transport Officer – Ambulance Operations | Full-time Temporary
Details: The ACT Ambulance Service is looking for people willing to be part of an eligibility list for consideration of employment in the role of Patient Transport Officer to meet expected vacancies. Patient Transport Officers provide routine non-emergency transport to and from healthcare facilities, clinics and residential addresses. The successful candidate(s) will demonstrate strong customer focused expertise, well developed interpersonal skills and a caring nature.
- Current driver’s license.
- The ability to pass a standard medical/physical examination demonstrating a level of fitness and strength appropriate to perform tasks of a Patient Transport Officer.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a criminal record check and must hold, or at time of interview be eligible to receive, an ACT Working with Vulnerable People Card.
For further information on Working with Vulnerable People registration refer to:
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a Cert III in Non-emergency Client Transfer, ongoing employment is dependent on the successful completion of this course.
- Candidates who already hold this qualification, or part thereof, may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning and receive accelerated advancement.
Note: The successful candidate(s) will be required to work shift work in a small team on a rotating roster inclusive of weekend and public holidays. The establishment of the eligibility list is for expected vacancies only. Employment as a Patient Transport Officer is NOT a pathway to an Ambulance Paramedic position.
Apply for Patient Transport Officer – Ambulance Operations
To be considered for this role, please click apply and include a cover letter in your application addressing their selection criteria along with your CV.