Australian Paramedical College (APC) is Australia’s leading provider of vocational education in pre-hospital care. We are proud to deliver in-demand industry skills to grow and support Australia’s healthcare network.
We go above and beyond to ensure the quality of our graduating students, who become leaders in their industry, working as private sector medics, patient transport officers or continuing further University study to become state paramedics.
We have nationwide reach across both students and industry employer partners, and our expansive and high-quality training facilities, student support and training teams are unmatched in the sector.
We strive to innovate and use evidence-based data to ensure we deliver industry-leading training and outstanding support to our students.
About The Role
We are looking for an SEO and Content Specialist to join our vibrant and growing Australian-based marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working alongside a Senior SEO & Content Marketing Strategist and Consultant, you will provide SEO support across a wide range of projects.
Key responsibilities include:
Admin and Analytics
- Help coordinate and manage SEO reporting
- Assist with invoicing and budget management
- Investigate domain and page health, specs, and authority
- Manage and undertake backlink audits
- Analyse data and make data-driven recommendations
- Educate, coordinate, and communicate with key marketing teams, contributing to knowledge sharing and training ensuring best practice across the organisation
- Help develop and manage projects, strategies, and approvals
- Conduct competitor analysis and market research
- Implement effective on-page and off-page optimisation
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code and all content and design is SEO friendly
- Review technical SEO issues and recommend fixes, along with working with the development team to address more significant problems and identify improvements
- Undertake the SEO components of full site migrations and tactical SEO from redirects to hreflang advisory
- Personally execute fixes and optimisations that do not require development
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimisation
- Help direct off-page optimisation projects (e.g., link building)
- Conduct keyword research and competitor analysis
- Assist key marketing teams by contributing to the content marketing strategy in line with business goals
- Skills in creating optimised copywriting for websites and blogs are a huge plus but not mandatory
You must be energetic and passionate about supporting the delivery of an ambitious marketing strategy and growing the vibrant student and alumni body at APC!
To be successful in this position, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong ability to work autonomously while multitasking and prioritising to achieve agreed project deadlines
- Meticulous attention to the smallest details and outstanding organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills that convey requirements and solutions to front and back-end developers
- A strong working knowledge of modern web technologies, with a data-driven mindset and extensive experience using industry-standard SEO tools
- A strong team ethos with a passion for working cross-functionally with various teams
- At least two years of relevant experience/qualifications in SEO, marketing, or related fields
- Confidence in reporting and analysing insights and making informed strategic recommendations
- Outstanding project management skills keeping key stakeholders updated, ensuring projects are completed efficiently and effectively
- Highly skilled in using WordPress as a CMS, including navigating plugins such as Yoast Premium
- Functional knowledge of HTML will be looked upon extremely favourably
What We Offer
You will be joining a team of industry professionals who take a student-centric approach in shaping an industry as an innovative market leader.
You will enjoy:
- A fantastic coastal location working in a state-of-the-art facility (also open to remote working)
- A group of friendly, passionate, and ambitious colleagues
- A diverse and flexible working environment
- Genuine appreciation of work/life balance
- Open and effective stakeholder collaboration
- A focus on quality work and commitment to continuous improvement, raising the bar in education
- Quarterly staff celebrations and awards, annual events, Christmas Parties and more!