HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems
Outcomes of studying the HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems:
- Work with information about the human body
- Recognise and promote ways to support healthy functioning of the body
The unit HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems describes the skills and knowledge required to work with basic information about the human body and to recognise and promote ways to maintain healthy functioning of the body.
This unit applies to any worker who needs to use and interpret information that includes references to client anatomy and physiology.
Elements and Performance Criteria for this Paramedical Unit:
Performance Evidence for HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems:
The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role. There must be evidence that the candidate has:
- worked effectively with information about the human body and its healthy functioning in at least 3 different situations
Knowledge Evidence for HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems:
The candidate must be able to demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- basic structure and functions of the body systems and associated components, including:
- cells, tissues and organs
- cardiovascular system
- respiratory system
- musculo-skeletal system
- endocrine system
- digestive system
- urinary system
- reproductive system
- integumentary system
- lymphatic system
- nervous system, including sensory systems – eye and ear
- the special senses – smell, taste, vision, equilibrium and hearing
- immune system
- processes, conditions and resources required by the body to support healthy functioning
- body regulation including:
- maintenance of body temperature
- fluid and electrolyte (including PH) balance
- elimination of wastes from the body
- maintenance of blood pressure
- protection from infection
- physical activity – active and passive
Assessment Conditions for HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems:
Skills must have been demonstrated in the workplace or in a simulated environment that reflects workplace conditions. The following conditions must be met for this unit:
- use of suitable facilities, equipment and resources, including client health information
- modelling of industry operating conditions, including integration of problem solving activities
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
To see more details on this paramedical unit HLTAAP001 click here to view the full details here on training.gov
Want to build an amazing career in pre-hospital emergency health care?
Let’s make it happen together!
Reach out to us on 1300 377 741 or tell us a little about yourself by completing a career pathway plan!
Choose from these qualifications:
HLT31120 – Certificate III in Non-emergency Patient Transport
HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care
HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care