Paramedic jobs in Australia tipped for massive growth

Exciting news for our students who are searching for a career as a Paramedic.

According to the Australian Governments Employment Projections, the Health Care and Social Assistance industry is forecast to make the largest contribution to employment growth over the next five years, increasing by 258,000. This will make it the fastest-growing in Australia, with an 18.7% growth rate. (this article  was published in 2015).

90.9% of Paramedics employed on a full time basis

Rates of Health and Paramedic jobs in Australia in particular have risen by a rate of 81.6% over the past 5 years and are expected to have a further 2.1% growth over the next five years. The department of Education are also foreseeing an 8.3% overall employment growth for people with a HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care and a 10.4% growth for people with HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care.

On top of these great figures, 90.9% of Paramedics being employed on a full time basis ensuring long-term job security.

Seek.com.au weighed in on this good news saying, “health care and social assistance is now the fastest-growing sector in Australia and offers the most jobs in regional centres.”

Pursuing a career in the Health Care industry and gaining a job as a Paramedic in Australia doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your everyday life to study. With the option of studying online you can work towards a career in a promising industry!

What is your career journey?

To discover how you can become a fully qualified Ambulance Paramedic or Basic/Advanced Life Support Medic, complete a personalised paramedical career development plan.