Karara Mining Limited are looking for an experienced Medical and Emergency Services Officer (MESO) to join the site Emergency Management team. The MESO is responsible for leading Emergency Response Teams and providing a professional approach to emergency services proactively based on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
This position operates on an 8 days on / 6 days off / 7 nights on / 7 days off continuous rotation.
Key Responsibilities for *Medical Officer Jobs Perth:
- Actively promoting the Karara Health and Safety systems, engaging with employees and contractors and providing specialist advice to the management team.
- Assist in managing the sites emergency preparedness
- Actively conduct and participate in post incident debriefings
- Operate response vehicles and rescue equipment to an extremely high standard
- Conduct on site Fitness for Work (FFW) testing including Drug & Alcohol screening.
- Conduct workplace audits, inspections, scheduled equipment checks & maintenance
- Undertake the functions of access control and site security during nightshift to ensure the safety and integrity of operations on the site
- Assist the incumbent fire services technician in undertaking system testing and inspections
Qualification & License Requirements for *Medical Officer Jobs Perth:
- HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care
- Cert IV Training and Assessment
- Cert III in Mine Emergency Response and Rescue
- Collect Pathology Specimens other than blood
- National Police Clearance
- WA medium rigid drivers license
- Previous experience in open pit mine site injury/emergency management role or similar
- Up to date knowledge of rescue techniques, equipment and medical practices
About the Company:
Karara Mining Limited is a joint venture between Gindalbie Metals Limited and AnSteel, one of the largest iron ore producers and steel makers in China. Karara operates an iron ore mine and associated infrastructure in the mid-west region of W.A. The operation is designed for a +30 year mine life and production of 8Mtpa. It comprises a long life and world-class magnetite deposit; dedicated rail infrastructure; and an integrated train load-out/ship loading facility at their Geraldton port operations.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”accent-color” hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”jumbo” rel=”canonical” rel=”nofollow” url=”https://www.seek.com.au/job/39796399?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=c51810d4-aeb1-4f08-b844-3d001e338196″ text=”APPLY & SEE MORE DETAILS ON THIS REGISTERED PARAMEDIC JOB” color_override=””]