FAQ – What Tests or Assessments are Completed at the Practical? The clinical workshops are where students get to experience hands-on learning. This is often an enjoyable part of the training where students get to put into practice the theory they have learned.
As a trained health care professional, your role as a paramedic/medic in the community is constantly in the public spotlight, therefore you are expected to be knowledgeable in many aspects of patient care, communication, health and safety, pharmacology, compliance and of course be totally confident in any situation.
The following explains more details on this: FAQ – What Tests or Assessments are Completed at the Practical?
• Skill stations and daily tests of those skills as listed in the Deliver Basic Care unit.
• Application of those skills as per protocols in simulated situations as listed in the Deliver Basic Care unit.
• Short daily written and oral questionnaires on clinical protocols, procedures and pharmacology.
• Ambulance vehicle driving/checking/navigation/loading and unloading of patients.
• Follow Procedures for safe extrication of client’s (Patient extrication equipment and scenarios, Communication IMIST AMBO Handover).
• Comply with infectious Control Procedures (Hand Washing PPE etc).
• Contribute to WHS Processes (Vehicle/equipment checks, hazard assessment OHS Standard and additional precautions as per CPPPAM).
• Students will develop and deliver an information/training session for the general public/SES or ancillary health and support staff to demonstrate their essential skills and knowledge.
This involves compiling supportive documentation such as a training plan, notes, presentation slides’ handouts etc.
Every activity is well supported by paramedic trainers whose role it is to ensure you get the most out of the training and complete the course feeling confident and well-prepared for what lies ahead.
The Australian Paramedical College is the largest pre-hospital health care training provider in Australia. We are dedicated to providing training of the highest standard for all students who enrol in our training programs. APC offers the HLT41115 – Certificate IV in Health Care and a HLT51015 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care. Our training programs provide a flexible and affordable pathway to a career in the private sector or continue on to university to complete a Bachelor