As a trained healthcare professional, your role in the community is constantly in the public spotlight therefore you are expected to be knowledgeable in many aspects of patient care, communication, health and safety, pharmacology, compliance and of course be totally confident in any situation.
The practical course has been designed to extend your knowledge and build your confidence as medical technician; therefore you will be taking part in;
• Skill stations and daily tests of those skills as listed in the Deliver Basic Health Care unit.
• Application of those skills as per protocols in simulated situations as listed in the Deliver Basic Health Care unit.
• Short daily written and oral tests on protocols, procedures and pharmacology.
• Ambulance vehicle driving/checking/navigation/loading and unloading of patients.
• Follow Procedures for safe extrication of client’s (Patient extrication equipment and scenarios, Communication IMIST AMBO Handover).
• Comply with infectious Control Procedures (Hand Washing PPE etc).
• Contribute to WHS Processes (Vehicle/equipment checks, hazard assessment OHS Standard and additional precautions as per CPPPAM).
• Students will develop and deliver an information/training session for the general public/SES or ancillary health and support staff to demonstrate their essential skills and knowledge.
This involves compiling supportive documentation such as a training plan, notes, presentation slides’ handouts etc.
Every activity is well supported by our expert trainers whose role it is to ensure you get the most out of the training and complete the course feeling confident and well-prepared for what lies ahead.
How to become a paramedic
The Australian Paramedical College is the largest pre-hospital health care training provider in Australia. We are dedicated to providing training of the highest standard for all students who enrol in our training programs. APC offers the HLT41120 – Certificate IV in Health Care and a HLT51020 – Diploma of Emergency Health Care. Our training programs provide a flexible and affordable pathway to a career in the private sector and also give you an opportunity to get into university to complete a bachelor of paramedic science.